Pro Tip | The Perfect Stationary Suite
At Ivory & Vine Event Co., we believe that each and every detail of your wedding should reflect your personal and unique style. The invitation is the first impression you give your guests, indicating what's in store for them at your event. You want it to feel unique, special and, well, inviting! Whether you are having your invitations done as a custom made calligraphy suite, or selecting a design from Minted, you stationary suite should exude style and personality.
- 9-12 months out from your wedding, you should start looking into what kind of aesthetic will help tie your invitations to your design. The invitations should evoke the same kind of feeling that your wedding design will provide, so making this custom touch is a detail that should not be overlooked. If your wedding is natural and minimal, opt for a sleek calligraphy suite that showcases your primary color palette. If you are throwing a spring wedding with bright colors, select a stationary suite with fun colors, patterns and personal touches. Don't forget stamps! There's nothing worse than a beautiful custom made stationary suite with an awful, random stamp on the envelope. Take the time to add this extra touch and you won't regret it!
- 6-8 months from your wedding you should order and send out your Save The Dates which should include all important information such as the date, time and address of your event. You can also add information regarding your wedding website and any fun activities to do in the city for out of town guests.
- 6 months from your wedding you should have finalized the general design and wording of your stationary suite. Complete the order, making sure to order a few more than you think you need. Be sure to record how much money you spent on your stationary suite and add that to your wedding planning budget.
- 4-5 months from your wedding is the time to book your calligrapher. Our favorite stationary suites include loose, handwritten calligraphy as a personal touch to guests. Use this time to hand off your invitations to your calligrapher, along with the guest list complete with all necessary contact information. Be sure to double-check spelling and addresses, as your calligrapher will use this information to address your envelopes for you. Add your calligrapher's cost to your wedding budget as well.
- 2-3 months before your event, work with your stationary provider to create the stationary for your ceremony and reception. These items include your table numbers, place cards, escort cards, ceremony programs, menus, etc. Some stationary providers will even help you create custom "Welcome" signs for your guests. Calligraphers can also help you to add this service. Place your orders at least 2 months before your wedding day to allow time for shipping and any necessary changes.
- 1 week before your wedding, pick up all ceremony and reception stationary and double check to make sure that it is accurate and organized. Place escort cards in alphabetical order and arrange table numbers according to your floor plan. This will save both you and your wedding planner a great deal of time setting up for your reception, allowing you to focus on things that are more important.