Signature drinks are a fun way for the bride and groom, or even guest of honor, to showcase their personal taste at the wedding reception. At Ivory and Vine Event Co., we believe that every element in your wedding or event should showcase your personality, style and passions in some way. Leading into 2016 and even next year, we will see more couples choosing decked out bars as their focal point during the reception. This is the place where your guests will gather, so why not add your own personal touch!
This recipe for Whiskey Lemonade is extremely simple, and guests will love sipping on this refreshing drink during cocktail hour for spring and summer weddings. Follow our recipe below or give it to your reception bartender for your wedding guests to enjoy!
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1-2 sprigs of your favorite herb (we used mint - make sure to reserve a few leaves for your garnish!)
- 1/4 cup lemonade
- 1 shot whiskey (we used good ol' Jack Daniels)
- 1/4 cup soda
- Fresh lemon slices to garnish
- Bring water and honey to boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and add a sprig of herbs. Let this mixture simmer for 15 minutes, or until half of the liquid has evaporated.
- Fill a short drinking glass (we used these beautiful Georgette hand-painted glasses from Anthropologie) with ice and add one shot of whiskey.
- Add lemonade, soda and 1/2 to 1 tsp. of honey simple syrup to taste
- Add herb and lemon garnish and serve!