Tropical Greenery | Making a Statement With Lush Green Decor
One trend that we absolutely adore for 2016 is using fresh, tropical greenery in floral decor. Whether you choose to add a few palm leaves to your bridal bouquet, or you curate a lush, green floral plan sans the flowers, adding some green to your event will provide you with a modern twist to your decor.
Not only is greenery on trend, it also adds a unique element to a wedding or event. Many brides who want to stand out from the flock will attempt to do so in the categories of an unknown band, food delicacy or choice of venue. What better way differentiate yourself than by highlighting your decor in a new way. This is, after all, the focal point and topic of discussion for your guests.
There's nothing we love more than seamless decor elements, so if you choose to go with lush greens as your flora of choice, make sure that you incorporate green into other aspects of your wedding day.
How to Incorporate Tropical Greenery Into Your Decor:
- Add palm leaves to your bridal and bridesmaid bouquets
- Use smaller tropical leaves as a hair accessory or even create a halo crown
- Use green leaves as escort cards and have your calligrapher write names in metallic gold or silver
- Ask your calligrapher to write your dinner menus on large Banana leaves
- Ask your florist to construct table runners composed of Banana leaves, Aralia leaves, Bird of Paradise leaves and Philodendron
- Substitute place-mats for large green leaves set under clear dinner plates
- Create a tropical foliage ceremony arch as a backdrop focal point
- Add touches of tropical greenery into your wedding stationary